Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Booya Math

As I've learned of late, there are a lot of folk around this neck of the woods that love their booya. In fact, there was a recent article in the local newspaper that noted that, at a booya-gala over the weekend, 300 attendees consumed 400 gallons of the stuff in roughly a three hour period. In other words, each patron chug-a-lunched 1.33 gallons a pop at a rate of 133.33 gallons per hour, which, I'm positive, kept the volunteer ladlers very busy in appeasing the appetites of the assembled booya-ites (boo-yum-yums?), eh?

What I really want to know is how many POUNDS of booya that is.

Now, One US Gallon equals 8.3453 pounds of water. However, each liquid has a different density. Since I wasn't present for the fete nor do I feel like whipping up a batch of my own booya, I'm going to use that figure realizing that the results would ACTUALLY be greater.

400 Gallons of Booya
X 8.3453
Equals 3338 pounds
divided by 300 boo-yum-yums
Equals 11.12 pounds of Booya per slavering maw/stuffed gullet.

See?

That's sounds a helluva lot more impressive that way.

"Hey, Lois! I pounded down almost 12 poundsa booya at the park today."
"That's nice, dear. I guess we could say that, with this feat under your belt (heehee), you could consider yourself an honorary member of the BOOYA Tribe*."
"Damn URP straight...and I ain't even Samoan or nuttin."

T
*The BOOYA Tribe were(are?) a rap act comprised of six Samoan brothers from Los Angeles and a Sumo Wrestler cousin (no joke) and, if they had attended the Booya-Fest, would have surely pushed the total of Booya consumed well over the 800 gallon (6676 pounds) mark with just the addition of the seven of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home