Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Husker Du(de)

Former Husker Du Bassist Greg Norton now owns and operates his own restaurant--the aply named THE NORTON'S-- in Western Wisconsin (just over the river from Red Wing, MN); of which an assorted gaggle of extended family and I dined this past weekend. Everything was great (the food, service, ambience, Greg's handlebar 'stache, et cetera) but I couldn't help but be slightly disappointed that there weren't items on the menu named after some of his former bands songs/albums; like:

Candy Apple Gra(v)y

New Day Raisins

59 Times the Pain Perdu*

and so on.

Y'know what I mean?

No?

Not that I want the place to come off as a Mom/Pop Hard Rock Cafe or anything remotely like that...

Ah well...call me a recovering fanboy.

T
* 'Pain Perdu' is a New Orleans-style French Toast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home