Monday, March 29, 2004

English Bulldog + Plush Simian that makes Screeching Monkey Noises= Ecstatic Pet/Sopped with Drool Chew Toy Combo

Don't I feel the fool.

My dog turns six tomorrow and, per this annual celebration, I picked up a few gifts; a new collar, a new name tag, and the aforementioned stuffed ape.

Ever the spoiling Alpha Dog of the Abode, I decided to spring this toy on him when I got home from work today and, Holy Shit, he took to it like bums to loose change.

Not since his early years and an unusual gnawing attraction to a laundry basket have I seen Roger summon such levels of slobbering gusto when attacking something he can get in his mouth (even taking into account the llama doll that he tore through in less then a week; the head is all that remains of that thing). At the rate he's going (even as I write) I don't expect this mini-Doctor Zauis to see the dawn.

If I had only known or even suspected that THIS was the sort of thing he'd have liked it wouldn't have taken me Six Years to get one for him.

Would have saved me a lot of scratch in the Rawhide Chew department.

Consider a selection of this type the next time you hit the Pet Store; apparently dogs love (in a I MUST DESTROY way) monkeys.

Who'd a thunk it?

Perhaps it's their way of expressing some inherent canine rage over us Hairless Apes, eh?

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home