Friday, March 26, 2004

The Corky Clause

The college I work for makes it mandatory that all staff attend the quarterly graduation ceremonies thrown for our out-going students; it was whilst there last evening that I learned a lil' tidbit that I thought important enough to share with you, my anonymous fans and ill-wishers:

You are not allowed to ask a person with Down's Syndrome to stop snapping their chewing gum.* His/Her family/friends/wranglers look down (kaff) on this sort of request and will disdainfully ignore it and--quite flagrantly-- allow said action to continue in total disregard to other audience members trying to watch the ceremonies.

So, apparently, if you suffer from this congenital abnormality you have free reign to behave in whatever manner your extra-chromosome dictates.

Chew on you crazy diamond.

T
*I sure as hell hope that was chewing gum and not just his tongue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home