Thursday, March 25, 2004

Messing with Children's Minds: Part One
Another True Tale from the Office

Setting: My cubicle
Participants: Female student, her son, and your's truly

It often helps to engage kids in coversation to keep them from getting bored/more bored while I am working on their parent's accounts.

Here's today's Exchange with a young lad I will refer to as Ricky:

Me: How old are you, Ricky?
Ricky: (holds up one hand with all five digits extended) Five.
M: Five? But you only showed me four fingers? Are you sure you aren't four?
R: (Hand thrusting towards me, all five digits waggling to be seen) I'm five!!! I'm going to be six soon!
M: Oh, I'm sorry...did you have your thumb out? I couldn't see it because I'm Thumb Blind. It's a Medical Condition I inherited from my mother.
R: No!
M: Don't worry...it's not all that bad...although I have a helluva time figuring out what Roger Ebert thinks of movies.
R: (Doesn't understand I thing I just said...and rightly so) FIVE!!!

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home