Wednesday, January 28, 2004

How not to shop for new Jeans
Or The Wrong Trousers

I've been down to one pair of jeans now for the better part of a year; subsequently, said pair o' pants have gotten a pretty severe wearin' & tearin' & (now) barin' as the denim thinned out and split in strategically ill-advised (and potentially indecent) locations.

So, after much muttering and complaining to myself and the pants (for 'giving out' on me...losers), a trip to a local department store was in order for the acquisation of replacement Levi's.

I hate clothes shopping. My intent was to get in and get out as fast as possible, avoiding all on-the-floor-salespeople (with their 'Can I help you locate something?' questions) whilst snatching a pair of 550s from the rack and paying for them. Fortunately, my waist/inseam has not changed in years so I would not need to use the Changing Room and try the pants on before purchasing...which would also help expedite my visit to the store.

It went like this:

Entered Store
Located Men's Pants Section
Found the Levi-Strauss stock
Eyed the sizes of the 550s
Grabbed a pair in my size from the bottom of the pile (less likely to have been tried on by others)
Checked out

Sounds like a pretty successful endeavor, eh?

In a manner of speaking.

Sadly (as I learned many hours later) it seems that I have some Altitudinal Delusions as the Inseam measurement was FOUR INCHES TOO LONG for me. My hate and haste did me in.

So, unless I feel like cuffing my pants OR having them Hemmed Up, I need to NOW go back to the damn store and swap the leggy jeans for a properly sized stumpy pair.

If the High Lords of the Pants are paying attention...I learned my lesson; I will never Hurriedly buy trousers again...

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home