Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Norwegian Log: Day Seven

Banana Inquiry
(which has nothing to do with 'The Package' being abroad...but there you go)


After work today I went on a Music buying spree (something that I had not done since I was on vacation in Colorado over the Fourth and scored the newest releases from Richard Thompson and Robyn Hitchcock) and purchased the latest CDs from the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Jane's Addiction, the Dandy Warhols and David Bowie.

Not a terrible selection if I do say so myself.

Checking out I encountered an inquisitive gentleman wondering about the Banana that appears prominently on the cover of the Dandy Warhols 'Welcome to the Monkey House.'

Curious Fellow: What's going on with that banana there?
Me: Uhm...* it's 'Welcome to the Monkey House' by the Dandy Warhols...get it?... MONKEYS? BANANAS?!?
CF: Yeah...heh heh heh...monkeys like bananas.
Me: There you go!
CF: Heh...yeah.

As this fine man was perusing my purchases I decided to give HIS a once over:

Me: Ah (sigh)...I see you're picking up the new anniversary edition of SCARFACE on DVD.
CF: Yeah, man...for the extras, man...the deleted scenes and shit.
Me: So do you think the extras will make the film better?**
CF: What?
Me: Nothing. Enjoy.

It sure made my day that this guy was inquiring about the banana image and all.

T
(not going to fall for the banana on the album art? to mis-quote Axel Foley)

*I was uncertain if I should get into the fact that the Dandy Warhols latest album art was an homage to both the 'Velvet Underground and Nico' sleeve designed by Andy Warhol himself AND the Rolling Stones' infamous 'Sticky Fingers' zipper record cover. P'raps best that I kept Mum on it, eh?

**I have never liked SCARFACE and find it to be an overrated piece of shit. Extra scenes or whatever SPECIAL FEATURES they add will never make this a better film (IMHO).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home