Thursday, September 25, 2003

Norwegian Log: Day Two--Electric Boogaloo

The morning began with the phone ringing and a mad scramble over a mildly disoriented Bulldog to answer it. A quick glance at the clock told me that it was Six in the Am and I had only been in MorpheusLand for all of 4 or 5 hours.

It was 'The Package' calling to inform me that she was Landbound in Norway and at the rendez-vous* point at which she was to meet her friend.

'What time is it there?' she asked.
'Uhm...Nine Am.' I replied.
(pause) 'Holy shit, Tony...you have to be at work at Nine AM!!!'
'Heh...yeah...it's only Six AM.'

A mild (extremely mild) HAHA to start out the day, eh?

After a few minutes of the usual Coupled-Couple exchanges I took to the task of tending to Roger the Bulldog and his morning Excretory Regimen. This was followed by my own Cleansing and Clothing Rituals and a final outdoor excursion for the resident canine.

I was startled by the appearance of a brown-clad gentleman coming up my driveway as I let Roger out for the last time before I headed to work...the UPS Guy had arrived (way WAY early) with a package for your's truly. The aging dog took note of his appearance and charged for the sole purpose of coating his lower extremities with a frothy wash of 'Hello-How-the-Hell-are-ya' drool.** Unfortunately, the Delivery Man had no idea of Rog's actual intentions and yelped as he swatted the air before the trundling bulldog with the very package he was attempting to bring to me. I rushed out and managed to get him (the dog...not Brown Boy) in a headlock and assured him as he passed me the envelope-as-faux-weapon. Many thanks and apologies were tossed in his general direction as UPS Guy leapt back into his truck.

What a great way to start the day...and I hadn't even gotten to work yet.

More tomorrow.

T



*Yeah...Yeah...a French word used in an article about Norway; Sue Me. The one that speaks Norwegian isn't available for Translation purposes.
**and the post-salivary rutting. Call it Roger's version of Foreplay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home