Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Norwegian Log: Prologue
(not to be mistaken for 'Norwegian Wood' by the Fab Four nor any other sort of Scandanavian Lumber)

In about twenty-four hours the Boss (the Norge-whal) will be heading off for a Ten Day Adventure in her Country du Jour, Norway.*

Which (in turn) affords me ten days of solo-time** and all the adventures I may or may not have.

Hence, this NORWEGIAN LOG.

In it I propose to keep a daily account of my feats, deeds and missteps as I try to navigate sans the Boss' steady 'rudder.'***

Prior to her departure Boss Hannah stocked the pantry with some of favorite canned goods (peas, beans, tuna) and filled the freezer with a few dishes that I should be able to heat to a desirable temperature for healthy noshing; thus doing her best to ensure that I will be around post-trip to 'enjoy' all her tales of Fjordland.****

We shall see.

Stay tuned.

I now have to go add a few things to her luggage to ensure her safe travel abroad-- namely a set of D & D dice and the family short sword. Random Monster Encounters in Norway (according to the Dungeon Master's Guide: European Edition) are much more deadly than they are stateside***** and one should be armed with a trusty 20-sided and all its dicey-companions.
The short sword should be self-explanatory. The lass has a hell of a killing stroke.******

See you tomorrow.

T
(booHOOhoo...snrt-snrt-snrt...booHOOhoo)

*Don't let her fool ya...she's got plenty of other nationalities floating about in her genetic booya. Consider her Norwegian-istic slant the broth of said 'stew-esque' miasma.
**Not really SOLO per se...there's still the dog to consider, eh?
***Also a Ten Day respite from living under the shadow and threat of blunt-force injuries from her Rolling Pin of Damocles
****Having food around that is easy to prepare is no guaranty that I will successfully survive her time away...after all, I do tend to enjoy the random pugilistic encounter and my infrequent dalliance with the Home Version of FEAR FACTOR. Who knew I could swallow all those mandrill knuckles while riding a unicycle? You wouldn't think it was possible from a fellow nicknamed 'TIP.'
*****You mean you haven't heard the tale about the American Tourist in Tromso that was mauled by a Dark Gnome armed with a Trowel full of +5 Lutefisk? The Traveller never saw the beast coming and--when his corpse was pulled from the community well--he was dice-less, if you know what I mean.
******You now understand my fear of the aforementioned Rolling Pin of Damocles that she wields so unerringly. She's like a freakin' Ninja with that thing. OH...and her homemade bread is to die for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home