Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Nerdly Skills Utilized in a Manner Most Mocking

I had the great (mis)fortune of overhearing two cow-orkers (hyphen intentionally misplaced to emphasize the stature of the conversationalists) discuss there newfound LOVE (lurve?) of the video game sensation DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION today. Some sort of Home Version is available on whatever game console (and, I had to assume, an accompanying Dance Mat that plugs into it) and, as luck/Fate (is there a Norn of Dance?) would have it, they both were in possession of (and obviously quite enthused about) and, as decreed by the Gods of the Faux-Dance (obviously a wing of the Pantheon of my very own Godly Tormentors), had discovered their newly awakened Shared Passion for this Animated Pixel Provided, Cardio-Improving, Ponderous Thump Thumpin' In The Privacy of Your Own Home Dance Fever and decided the Work Place was as Good a Place as Any to get into a Serious Discussion of their Respective Moves.

(Where have you gone, Danny Terrio? Our Dance Crazed Nation turn their Shaking Hindquarters towards you. Woo Woo Woo)

After enduring what seemed like an All-Night Dance-a-thon Length Dialogue of Move-Busting I decided it was Time to Trip Up their Light Fantastic Jawing with a Good Ol' Dose of TIP-Style Lying...anything to break up the droning of their self-professed Hoofing abilities.

It went something like this:

Me: You two like the Dance Dance Revoultion, eh?

Cow-orker One: Absolutely!

Cow-order Two: It's really fun!

Me: Yeah, I recently discovered the joys of it myself. In fact, over the last month or two I discovered I have a real knack at choreography and devised my very own dances!

Cow-orker One: Really?

Cow-orker Two: What are they?

Me (heh): Well, there's one I call the Jawa Sandcrawler and the other one I call the House Atriedes Sandworm Boogie.

Cow-orkers in Unison: ...

Me: The first one requires a loose brown robe, a couple of glow sticks stuck to your face, and gibberish muttering whilst sorta...scuttling about like a midget; the second one comes off as someone impersonating a guy surfing atop a giant earthworm! People have really taken notice of 'em. Do you want to see them?

Cow-orker One: UHM...I've got a conference in a few minutes and...

Cow-order Two: I need to use the bathroom so...

Me: Maybe later?

Cow-orkers in Unison: Okay.

As they leave I shout after them:

Me: Maybe we can come up with a dance together? I've got an idea for one I want to call PARIAH! OUTCAST! UNCLEAN! Doing the Thomas Covenant Two-Step!


T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home