Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Knock, Knock, Knockin' on my Effin' Door

The scene unfolded in this manner:

*LOUD POUNDING ON THE FRONT DOOR OF MY HOME*

Your Hero sits reading the newspaper, dog napping at his side, after a long day at work. The pounding, while extremely Loud, was Not Loud Enough to Wake the Slumbering Canine (but, one must keep in mind, the English Bulldog is 8 1/2 and most Things will NOT roust him from his forays into Nod; it usually needs to be something in the Aromatic and Highly Edible Department) and, with this AND the fact that my neighbors all hate me, I decided that there was no reason for me to answer the door. Several More strikes to the door followed but, then, silence.

I smirked and returned to my newspaper and the gutteral snorks of the snoring EBD.

*LOUD POUNDING ON THE SIDE DOOR OF MY HOME*

Your Hero unleashes an Amplified FUCK ME. Persistent Bastards. Can't take a hint...and to Hell with the Fact that someone is Obviously home (lights on but the shades were down). Fuck.

I abandon my post on the couch, my paper, and the dog and go to answer the door. Fuckers.

It's three little kids and what I assume to be a mother/care provider/parole officer.

She speaks to the one kid standing on my steps closest to the door (and, thus, me).

"Go Ahead."

The lad begins his spiel/pitch.

"Would you like to buy some candy bars to support our Youth Hockey League?"

This is why I got up? This is why they pounded on BOTH of my doors?

Wiping the scowl and accompanying deep set squint quickly from my mug I responded with one of the following (feel free to guess which one):

"My wife neither allows me to eat candy of any kind NOR have money on my person."

"I'm unemployed and diabetic."

"I would but I'm allergic to chocolate and shellfish; your Hockey League wouldn't want my death on their collective heads would they?"

"I recently had gastric bypass surgery and my doctor is a real stickler about sweets."

"A candy bar was the reason behind my father's murder...a candy bar and a crowbar, actually."

"Are they Krackel Bars? If they ain't Krackel I want you off my property NOW. I can't abide the work of the Caramel Industry."

"CHOCOLATE PIG HOLES! CHOCOLATE PIG HOLES! AAAAIIII!!!! The unpuckered Swine recti have been Plucked out of Season! RUN! RUN! RUN!"

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home