Tuesday, October 12, 2004

A Peak Inside the Mind of my Mother, Ruthie

An actual message on my voicemail from my mother

"This is your mother. Say, could you listen to 102 FM today? They're going to say my name on the air some time today and, when you hear it, could you call in and pretend you're me? I'll win $500 and I'll share it with you. Really...I'll share the money with you if you do it. Let me know..."

I deleted the message before it reached the end.

While I'm flattered that she thinks so highly of my vocal impersonation/celebration of her (honed over the many years of mocking her shrillish Edith-Bunker-esque voice) I'm not convinced nor as confident as she that it's good enough to pull a fast one on any of the highly trained/educated disc jockeys employed at this station (Today's Country is their modus operandi).

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home