Monday, August 09, 2004

Shine On, You Crazy Diamond
Pink Floyd Not Included (and no recent sighting of Syd, either)

"You've been frequenting my stand since the late 80s and you're certainly one of my favorite patrons...what with you generous tips and fine choices in quality footwear. With this in mind I hope you don't mind me asking ya something...Y'see, it's always real busy here and I hardly ever get a chance to take a lunch break. You surely appreciate how my line of work can really make a man hungry and all. I don't s'pose you'd mind giving me a hand while I finish you off do ya?"

Ever the charitable fellow (and being very fond of Ron the "Buff-Buffer"), I gently fed him three White Castles and some french fries while he finished shining my loafers.

Hey, he's really that good a shoe-shiner and his rag snapping is without peer.

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home