Wednesday, August 04, 2004

One Conversation, Two Mistakes
A real exchange with a co-worker today

Not-Me-Guy: You kinda look like Devo today.
Me: (taking a moment to check that I'm not wearing a flower pot as a lid) The band? The band that sang WHIP IT and MONGOLOID?
Not-Me-Guy: Right on...the guy that sang those songs, Devo.
Me: Mark Mothersbaugh?
Not-Me-Guy: I don't know his real name...but he called himself Devo.
Me: (oh no) Devo was a band.
Not-Me-Guy: Are you sure?
Me: (oh geez) Yes. Yes I'm sure.
Not-Me-Guy: Whatever. You still look like Devo.
Me: (two can play at this game) Oooo-kay. Has anyone ever told you that you look like Jethro Tull?
Not-Me-Guy: Who's he?
Me: (this isn't going to work) Nevermind.

According to this guy, I could change the following:
Q: Are We Not Men?
A: We are Devo!

to:
Q: Am I not Tony?
A: I am Devo!


Sheesh...who's the real mongoloid?

So, according to my 'pal' I either look like Mark Mothersbaugh (the head Devo guy...probably who he meant) OR an amalgamation of all four members of Devo. Either choice distresses me and I am going to pretend this conversation never happened.


T


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home