Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Tell me about your Good Luck Charm

"I got a fist full of grit from my ol' lady's front stoop (could be cigar ash, come to think of it; she loves them Swisher's, man. So much so her mug looks like an ashtray) that I keeps in my front pocket. It must be bringing me a lil' o' that patented Mick Luck cuz, since I started keepin' it on my person, I haven't had a runny nose, chapped lips, fissures, or embarassingly indecent public flatulence. Heh...well...it could be that I'm off the junk, too. Bah, it's the grit. True Grit, man...jez like the Duke...only more granule-ly, dig? 'Course, considering how long he's been in the ground, I betcha he's even more True Grit these days. Ashes to ashes, as the preacher used to spout."

Terrance McSploot, area ne'er-do-well and part-time Monkeyshriner

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home