Sunday, July 04, 2004

A Guy walks into a Liquor Store...
Or Least Expected Thing to Hear when shopping for Beer: another true tale

Clerk: "Hey, man...I want that shirt you're wearing!"
Me: (say WHAT?) Uhm...the tee shirt?
Clerk: Yeah, man...I used to read that comic, Cerebus.
Me: (glancing down at the image of Cerebus-as-Pope on the tee in question...shit, this shirt's almost 20 years old...ew) I'll trade it to you for free beer.
Clerk: Naw, man...management wouldn't lemme do that. I just want it.
Me: (is he going to forcibly take me tee-shirt?) Try E-Bay.
Clerk: Can I use your credit card?

I did eventually get out of the store with both my beer purchase and coveted shirt still on (who knew?)...but, now that I think about it, he has access to my bank card number. Why didn't I pay with cash?

I swear to you if the next time I'm in there and he's sporting a tee with an anthropomorphic aardvark in papal robes emblazoned on the front...


T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home