Monday, November 03, 2003

Ooooh that Smell
Can’t you smell that Smell
Ooooh that Smell
The Smell of Death surrounds you

with no apologies to Lynyrd Skynyrd...as they, too, have a strong odor about them (living and late members both*)

What the heck is going on?

My Jeep Wrangler has some sort of interior stench the likes of which I have never before experienced in an olfactory manner.**

Did I misplace an Egg McMuffin on a recent morn in my eagerness to finish a slab of hash browns? Is this the revenge of a slighted fast food item?

Or something else?

Did some wildlife get into and expire somewhere in the vehicle? Under the hood? Beneath the driver's seat? An expired squirrel or the neighbor's non-feral mongoose? Oh, please Lord don't let it be Riki Tiki Tavi's distant relation. My fellow members in the Rudyard Kipling Book Club would never overlook this unintended murder and dishonorably discharge me in the ever-feared Naga Ceremony.

Can't be that...I'm letting my imagination get the better of me.

It could be a prank pulled by one of the many Trick-or-Treaters that were running amok in their costumery last Friday and only now bearing an aromatic release? A stink bomb with a delayed fuse? A stashed 'flavor log' rolled in a tubesock? A midget with an aerosol can marked Musk-Ox?

What the Hell is it?

I need to steel myself for the task of a 'Seek and Destroy' mission within the confines of my Metal Steed.

It shant get the best of me.

T

*Presumably the LATE members of this Southern-Fried Rock act would rank (har) pretty high up on the Stink-Meter at this point; y'know...rotted flesh, airplane fuel, and scorched denim...

**heh...well...is there any other way, Mister T?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home