Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Episode V and Gagging:

My recent 'Waiting for Lobot' bit got me interested in watching The Empire Strikes Back again (for the first time in a year or so*). Thus, the resident Knit-Mistress and I hunkered down in the living room after dinner (with Roger the English Bulldog snoring and snorting away in a fashion distinctly of his ancestry) to enjoy a couple hours of Lucas Goodness**.

I learned a couple things about my viewing companion (of the human variety) while the film was rolling:

She gagged audibly during the 'Wampa-chewing-on-a-chunk-o-Luke's-Tauntaun' bit***

AND

gagged when Han splits his recently demised Tauntaun open as a warm slimy shelter for Luke

AND

gagged when Roger passed gas whilst napping at her feet


Somehow
The mutilation of the (fictitious) wildlife of Hoth and the (very Real) flatulence of a 5 1/2 year old English Bulldog are related in her mind and cause a Physical reaction on her part--a retching Throaty reaction, at that.

More study is needed to answer this head-scratcher.

I wonder if she'll react the same way to the Rancor Monster chomping on a Gamorrean Guard, the Sarlacc Pit swallowing Boba Fett, or the choking tail-rattlin' death o' Mister Hutt if we were to watch ROTJ together?

Stay Tuned.
T

*GEEK!!!
**AND the on-going flashbacks I was having to the first time I saw the film on opening day in 1980 in all my tuddly glory.
***But not when Luke 'disarms' the Wampa snow creature. Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home