Friday, June 27, 2003

Work Berzerk

It was one of those days on the job ('pushing that broom around for a buck-two-Ninety-eight an hour' to cop a line from a Zappa intro to a live version of his tune, Dirty Love) when each and every time I left my desk (situated, as it is, in a lovely modern 'veal-fattening pen') I ran into the same co-worker heading the *same* way as me. Like he's following me around...

Stalking me.

He: Predator
Me: Prey

Seemingly our respective needs for nicotine replenishment, urinary dispersion, java-mug topping offs and the like were all keyed into the same freaking 'wave-length' or some-such friggin' nonsense on this particular day.

The sixth time I ran into him was outside (which was the *second* time I saw him out there) amongst the other 'Behind-the-College-Cig-Fiends.'

The synchronicity of our movements that day were *too* coincidental for me and I finally addressed him with the following question:

"What are you? My personal Evil Otto?"

You guessed it...he got the reference to the video game, Berzerk.

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home