Friday, June 20, 2003

Odd Moments at Work...of recent vintage

A student named 'See' with crossed eyes.
Hmm...foreshadowing by her parents or something else?

I have a lazy eye and shudder to think how my folks might have christened me if *it* had been more readily apparent to their questionably unreliable vision (I'm also glad that they didn't christen me with a bottle across the prow...but *that* nautical digression may be for another time...or not).

Another student- a Veteran of the Gulf War- in response to my inquiry if he was going to be receiving Veteran's Assistance whilst attending school (let's call him Corporal Shirt...which you'll understand in a moment):

Corporal Shirt: Y'see...Bill Clinton screwed me outta those benefits (actually LIFTS his shirt up to reveal a huge scar on his gullet...seemingly a large puncture wound healed over...it looked like he had lost an Amateur Joust at a Ren-Fest).

Me (pause): Uhm...the former President stabbed you in the chest?

CS: NO! But he screwed me!

Me (not following up with the obvious 'ha-ha' question): So...erm...the answer's NO, eh?



Ahhh...another fine day in Higher Education.
T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home