Friday, September 01, 2006

Conversations I will Soon Have with my Neighbors: Part Five

"Listening to the local Classic Rock Station while working on your car, eh? You're a fan of the oldies I take it? Cool. Say, there's been something on my mind about Pink Floyd's song MONEY from their DARK SIDE OF THE MOON record; do you mind if I run it by you and see whatcha think? You're familiar with the song? Cool. Okay, one of the lines--and I hope I heard it right--is Grab That Cash with Both Hands and Make a Stash, right? I did get it right? Cool. Okay, I think they're pulling a fast one on their fans and general listening public with this song and, really, the entire album. No, really...wait...don't shake your head just yet...listen to me. Okay, the STASH in the line I quoted isn't actually STASH but 'STACHE (short for Mustache). And what would be the opposite of the Dark Side of the Moon if, say, MOON is a reference to your buttocks? That's right...your FACE. And what might DARKEN your FACE? A mustache. Back when it was released in 1973 Roger Waters was cryptically calling for a Mustache Revolution from the masses...and I think he succeeded. How might one explain the popularity of Burt Reynolds in the mid to late 70s, hmm? Hey, where'd you go? Harrumph, must be a 'Stachist."

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home