Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Conversations I will Soon Have with my Neighbors: Part Two

"D'you know that Yule Logs were originally called YUL (no letter E at the end) LOGS and were named after Yul Brynner's schlong? It's a little embarrassing to admit how I learned that...but...well...you're my neighbor and all...I can trust ya, right? See, when my mother was very young she was a HUGE fan of Yul in the movie WESTWORLD. Huge Fan. So much so she wrote a fan letter to him inquiring if--and don't laugh...she was REALLY young and didn't know any better-- if he had a robotic penis since he was Obviously an android in the film. Turns out that Yul got a LOT of similar inquiries about this and, due to this deluge of questioning correspondences, mass produced casts of his ding-dong and called them, yep, Yul Logs. Pretty neat, eh? Betcha didn't know that! Changes the whole meaning behind the Yul-tide, eh?"

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home