Monday, December 29, 2003

120 Months Later...

My student loans are paid off entirely as of a few days ago. My little monthly visitor has now left the building (akin to some form of early life menopause?) due to diligent and timely payments (and, boastfully, I can say I never made one late payment...no matter how difficult it might have been at the time nor the fact that it kept me parentally-home-bound for a mighty length of time post-college...another situation that was corrected eventually...but THAT took getting married. Repeat after me: LOSER!!!).

Whew.

This recent development has now freed up an extra couple hundred dollars a month (down from the early years of a FEW hundred bucks...Yay to lower interest rates, eh?) of which I can now decide What to Do With.

Mad Money?

Investments?

After consulting with my betters (the local clergy, my barrister, Patrolman Steve, and this souse I know that folds napkins down at the Tin Cup) I have come up with a potential list of things I can use this new monthly windfall on.

Let me share them with you:

-Natty new slacks that'll keep folks OOHing, AAAHing, Swaying and Retching.

-Super Sized portions at Non-Super-Sizing Fast Food restaurants (hey, Roscoe...add another fistfull of refrieds on that there burrito, STAT)

-A replica of a Cylon (from the original Battlestar Galactica) to sink in my front yard as a birdbath and/or planter (heck...I'll take a replica of Ed Olmos, from the new BG, if it'll look good with a clutch of daffodils hanging out of his mitts).

-Replacement Pillowcases...as I've always wanted to clasp an image of Bob Stinson to my face whilst in Nod.

-A jug band to follow me about and provide appropriate soundtrack music to my life.

-Bite the bullet and join Weight Watchers...for the complimentary and congratulatory hugs and celery buffet.

-Personalized Ladle with a spike through the bowl.*

-Daddy's First Still for homebrewed shine; which would assuredly make me Mister Popular on my block (a title I covet but which is currently held by Old Widow Johnstone and her homemade hoarhound candies).

-Finally allow the neighbor kid to shovel my walk, mow my lawn, clean my gutters and fan me with fronds? Might help with the Mister Popular vote (at least One more YEA in the ballot box).

Hmm...

I should take some more time to mull this over before making any significant financial investment.

T
(hic)

*Again with the ladle...oy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home