Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Music Confession

I awoke this morning with some odd tune in my head.

At first I was unable to place it. A catchy lil' ditty and all...a moment or two was all it took for my mental catalog to flip to the 'page' with the answer to Who the performers were and Which tune was chuggin' along in the Grey Matter Jukebox.

Oh no.

Had it been the soundtrack to the last dream experienced prior to awakening (the other details of which quickly forgotten as I crossed back into 'reality' from my Time in Nod)?

If so...why? Why THIS tune?

Why ROXETTE's Joy Ride?

What was the dream about to employ such a track? Why this piece of 1991 pop-drivel?

I was never a fan...never owned/purchased/borrowed any of their recordings (even though I found the chick in the band rather fetching...in a peroxided-blond-ScandoHoovian way...which, in itself, is rather startling to even be printing; well...this is a CONFESSIONAL post, after all, eh?) nor had one smuggled into my music archives (as far as I know).

My only experience with the band and their music was through inadvertant encounters via MTV and the smattering of local radio stations that played pap of this nature back in the late 80s/early 90s (and, with the advent of 'Classic 80s/90s' stations...even through to the present); had Joy Ride found synaptical-sympathisers in me cerebral cortex? A lone outpost of Bad Music squatting amidst the other debris strewn about my mind? If so, what others are with them there?

I shudder to consider the potential pop-tripe it has teamed up with. Could Roxette's Joy Ride be teamed up with the likes of Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up or Falco's Rock me, Amadeus in an attempt to covertly drive me mad whilst aslumber? To provide the musical backdrops to Morpheus' dream dabblings?

If so...it could succeed.

It may already have.

After all...I remembered the name of that Rick Astley song...

Eep.

T
(trying desperately to not mentally hum 4 Non-Blondes What's Up?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home