Sunday, January 27, 2008

I lurve a Parade

A bunch of us go to the Saint Paul Winter Carnival parade every year. Like our State Fair, it's a great place to go and people watch and laugh and so on and so forth. At one point yesterday afternoon we took note of a generously proportioned youngster with a huge bag of powdered sugar donuts. I decided to take a closer work; get into his proximity for an up close gander. I galumph over and fall into his orbit. From this vantage I note the powdered sugar strewn heavily about his chilled cheeks and the upper-most portions of his hoodie. My fascination gets the better of me as I am literally face-to-face with this kid. Quickly realizing that I'm in a Bad Place Vortex I try to come up with a cover story/escape plan. I turn my gaze from his visage off slightly to the right (his left) and yell:

"Gary? Is that Gary? Gary!!! Gary, is that you?!?"

To a non-person off in the crowd.

Fortunately there were no Garys within earshot and I escaped without any physical damage nor powdered sugar deposits about my person.

We continued calling out to the fictitious Gary for the rest of the day.

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home