Monday, March 13, 2006

Lying to VIPs

Due to connections of the missus, I had to go to a soiree yesterday. In attendance was the King of Norway's Consulate General among many other high profile guests. The gentleman hosting the party asked everyone to introduce themselves and explain what it is they do for a living and so on.

Plenty of responses like:

Professor of Such and Such at So and So reputable University.

Doctor of Whatever.

Blah Blah Blah.

My turn swings around and I say without pause (no shit):

"I'm Tony and, as a lad, I always dreamed of owning and operating my very own Shoeshine Franchises. Fortunately for the Masses and their respective footwear, this is and shall remain a pipe dream."

A smattering of chuckles.

I spent the rest of the afternoon answering questions about where my interest in shoeshining came from.

One answer involved Underdog's alter-ego, Shoeshine Boy as a personal role model.

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home