Friday, December 23, 2005

Tales from the Happy Gnome: Part One
The Greasy Italian Tank turns Deep Fried

(formerly Chang O'Hara's; which at one time was Saint Paul's ONLY Irish/Pan-Asian bar...take from that what you will)

In the course of my life, I've been told by strangers, friends, and family that I look like a wide variety of different celebrities (human or animated) and/or wildlife. A sampling follows:

Paul McCartney
Andy Garcia
Frank and Dweezil Zappa
Al Pacino
Fred Flintstone
Sly Stallone
Any number of simians (monkey, orangutan, gorilla)

And so on.

None of which I've ever thought were accurate...but that may have now changed for good.

Last night, while some friends and I gathered for a pre-Christmas/Christmas gift exchange soaked in booze, I encountered a gentleman who had his very own and extremely unique take on, what he thought (unsolicited, I might add), WHO/WHAT I look like.

He engaged our table of folk by first pointing out that my friend, Paul, looks EXACTLY like Emilio Estevez (this is not a new observation...Paul's been dealing with this for years and lamenting that he wasn't instead compared to Martin or Charlie Sheen...Emilio's father and brother respectively...and, evidently (to Paul anyway) the Better looking of the three). With nods all around (again...not news really) he turned to me.

"Do you know who you look like?"

"I've heard all sorts of folk over the years. Hit me."

"You won't be offended?"

"I don't get offended."

"Do you watch the Cartoon Network?"

"Not in a long time; but I'm familiar with their programming."

"It's a guy from one of the Adult Swim shows, I think."

"Get on with it."

"You sure you won't be offended?"

"Buddy, you've already offended us when you joined us, uninvited, and told my friend here that he looks like an actor who's career highlight was Repo Man (a film I love, by the way)."

"Okay. You look like that French Fry guy."

"Er. The McDonald's Fry Guys?"

"No. From Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

"..."

"What's his name?"

"Frylock."

"THAT'S IT!!!"


So, in case you aren't familiar with Frylock, here he is:




And, apparently, that's Now who I look like.

Cartoon pack of french fries with a 'stache.

Just call me Tater TIP.

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home