Thursday, December 08, 2005

Is there a Cryptologist in the house?

An excerpt from an actual e-mail that went around to everyone today:

Just so you all know, you have done a fabulous job cutting and serving cake, but I thought I would ask all of (name of college removed to protect the cake-loving employees)this time for help and see what response I get. I know cutting cake can be quite rewarding (wink, wink) but sometimes we all need a little break. If you would still like to cut cake, I would be grateful to have you!


I swear to you this reads like it's in some kinda code, doesn't it? What is she REALLY getting at? Does CAKE mean something else? CAKE can't mean CAKE...not with the parenthetical WINK WINK.

I, for one, will not get into some weird work-wide cake-used-as-a-euphemism orgy scene.

*scared*

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home