Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Potential Suggestive Lunchtime Inquiry

An older/odder gentleman passes by the table I am sitting at and asks:

OG: Is that bread burnt or is it actually that color?
Me (after a momentary recovery from being interrupted from reading the paper, I look at the Rachel-on-Rye I had ordered): It's rye bread.
OG: That's right; rye bread.
(pause while he inspects the rest of my tabletop)
OG: Get anything else?
Me (?!?): Fries.
OG: Mmmm. Fries. That's good. That's good. You buy anything else?
Me (clearly he can see the food I've ordered, right?): Nope. That's it.
OG: What about that pickle?
Me: I didn't order it; it came with the sandwich.
OG (now walking away and muttering): Pickles are good.
Me: ?!?

I don't care what the lot of you are thinking; there was no way in friggin' hell I was going to offer him my pickle.* My luck he was waiting for an opening like that in order to ply me with pickle-as-phallic-symbol-innuendo which is exactly NOT the way I want to spend my lunch hour (or any other hour, thank you very much).

Lecherous old bastard.

T

*Even though I had no plans of eating it since I had JUST retrieved it from the floor from where it had fallen prior to this fellow's arrival...unless he had seen that and WANTED to eat my dirty pickle? That's even MORE problematic, isn't it? 'Sir, would you like to eat my dirty pickle?' SLURP!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home