Monday, March 07, 2011

Today's Film Inspired Prevaricaton du Jour

Flipping through the channels the other night I stumbled upon a scene of some older gentlemen dropping a suitcase and a bunch of sausages/weiners tumbling out of it.

Well, how could I not stop and see what this film was all about?

So I did and quickly recognized it as 1984's THE KILLING FIELDS. Having not seen it in years I stuck it out.

Flash forward to Monday morning at work.

Thanks to to accidental encounter with the image of some fellow dropping his weiner-filled suitcase I was entirely prepared to answer the typical Cow-Orker Question of How was your Weekend.

Here's how it went down:

Cow-Orker: Did you have a good weekend?

TIP: Yep. I caught a really cool movie on Saturday Night when I was flipping through the channels. Some dude dropped his suitcase and a bunch of weiners fell out of it. That was enough for me to stick with it to the end.

Cow-Orker: What was the movie called?

TIP: The Killing Fields.

Cow-Orker: What was it about?

TIP (Woo Hoo!): Cambodia's Sausage Industry under the Khmer Rouge. The Khmer Rouge were like our USDA.

Cow-Orker: Why was it called The Killing Fields?

TIP: Oh, right! See, the Khmer Rouge liked to make their weiners outside instead of in Sausage Factories or whatever. Quite controversial for its time.

Cow-Orker: That makes sense.

TIP: And that Lead Lawyer dude from the original Law and Order was in it. He was bearded and ran a Hot Dog Cart with his Cambodian buddy. Surprisingly touching film.

Cow-Orker: I'm going to check it out! Sounds...weird.

TIP: Yes. But worth it. Let me know when you see it.

Cow-Orker: OK.



I enjoyed this encounter (and fib) so much that it inspired a doodle.
Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home