Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Final Episodes of Television Shows

The Sopranos has come to an end with episode 86 entitled MADE IN AMERICA (loved it). Most folk are well aware that the series revolved around an Italian-American Mobster and his two Families. Most folk I work with (whom I refer to lovingly--and with a misplaced hyphen--as my Cow-Orkers) assume that, since I have a ragingly Italian last name (or, as my Patriarch would correct, SICILIAN last name; "We ain't got nuttin' tah do wit' them damn folk on the Boot, Doc."), I most certainly have watched and enjoyed said Television Program (in this case they are absolutely right...but it has nothing to do with my ethnicity...that's a lot like assuming Morbid Obesity Sufferers enjoyed the entire run of Jake and the Fatman or Hairless Pated Menfolk loved the Crime Solving Adventures of Savalas' Kojak, eh?).

Anyway, with the conclusion of The Sopranos that aired on Sunday, come Monday many Cow-Orkers were curious as to my take on the Ending. Here is one conversation that took place Monday Afternoon:

Cow-Orker: You MUST have watched The Sopranos Sunday night, right?

Me (why not be a tad difficult here): Why MUST I have?

Cow-Orker (worried now...ponders a moment his response): Er...it just...SEEMS(?) like a show you would like...cuz...er...well...(waves his hand at me).

Me (heh): I don't know what you mean by that gesture.

Cow-Orker (fret sweat): Aren't you...y'know...EYE-Talian.

Me (Yes...he said it EYE-TALIAN): My ancestors weren't from EYE-taly.

Cow-Orker: Isn't your last name EYE-Talian?

Me (sigh...time for some of my own Mispronouncing): Nope. The island SIGH-CHEE-LEE...but close enough.

Cow-Orker: So you did watch it?

Me (let him off the hook): Yep.

Cow-Orker (relieved): Did you like it?

Me (heh): Yep. Great ending for the show. I mean, it wasn't the Series Finale for QUINCY M.E. but it was damn good.

Cow-Orker (apparently unfamiliar with the Jack Klugman as Medical Examiner drama from years ago): Quincy?

Me (heh): He was a Coroner that solved crimes...kinda like a one man CSI...'cept he scored with the chicks far more often even though he was old as dirt.

Cow-Orker (fascinated): How did that show end?

Me (heh): The finale ended up pitting Sam, his assistant who had gone Rogue due to his lab coat being tainted with some unknown chemical, against Quincy on the Eve of the latter's retirement. Long story short, Quincy tosses Sam into the blades of his boat's motor and returns to the Farewell Gala he's throwing for himself on said boat. The credits roll with Quincy grabbing a mop and a bucket of Tar Pitch and approaching four young female party attendees and inquiring if they'd mind being Hot Mopped...I kid you not.

Cow-Orker (stunned): No fucking way.

Me (straight-faced): Look it up on IMDB or some other Old School Television Website. I own the DVDs, man (I don't).

Cow-Orker: That...that's awesome.

Me (heh): Yep.




I haven't seen this fellow again...yet.

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home