Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Art meets Modern Parenting

"What I need is a painting or fully rendered drawing of a Big Foot...or Sasquatch if you prefer...shitting out a half a dozen whole undigested Monchichis. It's for my eight year old son's bedroom. You can make them look greased up if you like...to represent their passage through the bipedal beast's GI system."

"Uhm...I'm pretty sure I GET the first part--the Sasquatch--but...uhm...Monchichis? Aren't those something like little Monkey-esque toys?"

"Yes, that's right. 'Quatch dropping a load of those critters straight out of his/her bristley exit. Could you make sure the 'Chichis are grinning...OH...AND wearing beanies and short pants?"

"Why in the world would your son want this image is his room?"

"Heh. It's a surprise for his birthday. I want him to someday grow up to be the next Dian Fossey...y'know...the Gorilla Lady? Her. I've got big plans for him and his future skills living with Apes and other Ape-like beings. This portraiture is a stepping stone...a bridge to his hirsute future."

"Wouldn't a book or a video of her work be more...I don't know...appropos?"

"You trying to tell me how to raise my children?"

"..."

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home