Monday, February 27, 2006

One Child's Experiences in Catechism Leads to Imaginative Leap of...well...not Faith

Lad (clutching stomach): I think Jesus got into my room last night while I was sleeping.

Dad: Why do you say that?

Lad: Well...you know how Jesus can make water into wine?

Dad (beaming at his son's knowledge but still slightly concerned): Absolutely. This happened at Cana. And as you know Jesus is everywhere...not just in your room.

Lad (wincing): I know...but he must've been in my room last night and did something to my tummy.

Dad (What in the Hell--sorry--Heck is he getting at? An intruder?): Mysterious ways aside, please explain, young man.

Lad: Uhm...he turned my dinner into water...brown water.

Dad: What?

Lad: I pooped brown water.

Dad (Oh for Christ's...er...well, shit): Listen, that has nothing to do with our Lord Jesus Christ and everything to do with your mother's casserole. Jesus can't turn digesting food into water.

Lad: I thought he could do anything.

Dad: ...

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home