Monday, November 21, 2005

Mistaken Identity


Guy at bar (GAB): Hey, man...I didn't even recognize you.

Me (I've never seen this man in my life): Oh?

GAB: Yeah, the last time I saw you here I thought you were a doctor or something.

Me (haven't been at this particular bar in ten years): Ah.

GAB: So what's your name again?

Me (extending hand for polite shake): Steve. I'm Doctor Steve.

GAB: Kevin. Pleased to meet you again, Steve. Can I ask you a medical question?

Me (fuck): Sure, go ahead.

GAB: I got a rash or something on my chest; can I show it to you?

Me: I'm off the clock

(he lifts shirt anyway)

GAB (pointing at his chest): See?

Me (fuck): Well, it's not my area of expertise but I think that's a case of superfluous nipplage.

GAB (shocked): What?!?

Me (ha): Meaning that's a flock of extra nipples, Kevin.

GAB: Oh my God.

Me: You may want to contact a dermatologist.

GAB: Do you know any?

Me: Contact me at the Aspen Clinic...ask for Doctor Steve...I'll check my rolodex and get you in touch with this guy I know.

GAB: Thanks!!!

Me: Sure. Well, I got to run.

T

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Tony has a great blog! I've been surfing around everywhere and just love to read all this stuff. I don't have a blog to contribute to but found a place where you can get a free target gift card. I think they are limiting it so you may wanna hurry on over. the site is Target Gift Card Keep up the great work, I love Blogger!!!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home