Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Short Bits from all over the Floor of my Brain Pan

Yesterday I failed in the Lil' White Lie Department when I attempted to convince someone that the original meaning for EWER was:

One favoring/betrothed to (a) sheep

Which eventually morphed into meaning A Pitcher with a Wide Mouth.

It would seem that the leap from Ovine Fancier to this was just TOO far fetched...even in light of the fluid (heh) nature of our language.


Misread the following:

Shattered Belief System

as

Shattered Beef System

The latter of which led to some rather frightening mental images...some of which even involved Killing Room Floor machinary mishaps.


Inspiration from Hovering Faux Fruit

For whatever reason, the website

Geostationary Banana over Texas

Immediately made me consider reworking Samuel Coleridge's The Rime of the Ancient Mariner to my very own parody entitled The Rim of the Banana Mariner. It might still happen once I figure out a way to replace the albatross with a flying 'nanner.

For example:

And a good south wind sprung up behind ;
The Albatross did follow,


I could go with something poetic involving a heavy diet of bananas leading to extreme flatulence among the seafaring set and/or that a heavy banana diet spitting in the metaphoric eye of Orange-Eating Scurvy-phobes or, really, farting on its metaphoric head.

AND

And every day, for food or play,
Came to the mariner's hollo !


SEEMS (to my ill-leaning grey matter) to lead naturally to the ol' Banana/Tailpipe Euphemism (as popularized in Eddie Murphy's BEVERLY HILLS COP.

We shall see.

In the meantime go ahead and enjoy the pics and such that can be found on the Geostationary Banana over Texas website while I ponder my potential leap into the Po' Tree world (as it were).

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home