Monday, June 20, 2005

A Post-Father's Day Mothers of Invention-related tale


Image hosted by Photobucket.com





The image above is from Frank Zappa's 1979 release, SHIEK YERBOUTI. On Saturday, it was the image on the front of the t-shirt I was wearing when I went to the movie theater to catch a viewing of BATMAN BEGINS. The following is an exchange that went down between a Ticket-Taker Kid (TTK) and myself and should, in my opinion, illuminate the state of this country's current crop of Youth:


TTK: Who's that on your shirt?

Me (briefly taken aback by this question but, for the sake of not being rude to the kid OR pointing out that I find him deficient for NOT knowing who Frank Zappa is, I respond): Frank Zappa.

TTK (he looks again at my shirt, pauses a moment as if--strong IF--in thought): Is he a NASCAR guy?

Tony (stunned...flummoxed...boondoggled...agape...even more offended): No. He was a musician.

TTK: Oh.


T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home