Wednesday, April 23, 2003

My friend E is very proud of my ongoing Hockey Education (see the Minnesota Wild's recent success against the former-Nordiques).
Never much of a fan...the recent HooHah of our expansion team's first appearance in the post-season has provided me with a 'crash course' in the sport, its history and a lot of its slang.

It is in this latter department that E is of an uneasy mind.

It has been pointed out to me that 'Five Hole' is not a term to be used loosely AND out-of-context from rink-related-talk.

For example, if I were to witness a Rodeo Clown catching a tail-full of Horned Bullish Fury it *might* not be kosher to exclaim (to whomever is within earshot at the arena) "Ouch! Right in the Five-Hole!!!"

So I'm trying my best to get the particulars of Hockey Chat right.

Bear with me.
;^P
T


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home