Friday, November 02, 2007

Deicide of the Flatulent
a lil' something I noticed in the second issue of DC's THE DEATH OF THE NEW GODS

Written and drawn by Jim Starlin. The Fourth World and New Gods are all creations of the late great Jack Kirby (during the time he left Marvel for DC Comics). If you want to learn more about these characters/tales...Google is your friend.

Here's a scan of Page 3
New Gods are being killed by an unknown entity. Some are missing.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The figure in the foreground (the non-floating one in red) with his back to us is Orion. Take a gander over his right shoulder.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now, I'd like to believe that I'm relatively well-versed in New Gods/Fourth World lore...but I've not heard of a Fart the New God. I've also considered the possibility that a letter or two may be cut off in that image (leaving only the four letters of FART).

However, until I can be 100% sure, I leave you with this:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That's right...Fart the New God is dead.

T
(also note the deceased fellow J L MINIRATS; that's an anagram for Jim Starlin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home